Interested in a career with us?
Career Opportunities with Navigator
Assistant Purchasing & Stock Controller
The UK’s leading independent distributor of plumbing supplies and products is looking for an assistant working in purchasing and stock control to join their path toward continued growth.
You will be based in their busy purchasing office at Sharnbrook near Bedford and will need to have a good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook. Previous experience working in a stock control or purchasing environment is essential and a good working knowledge of Navision or Business Central would be an advantage.
Your usual duties include managing stock levels for a range of plumbing parts, placing scheduled purchase orders, monitoring supplier OTIF performance issues and liaising with internal departments and external suppliers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Applicants must have relevant inventory/stock/purchasing experience
- Proven experience in identifying inefficiencies and enabling change
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Preferred Qualities & Skills:
- Process minded with the ability to set up effective working practices and proven problem solving ability
- A keen eye for detail and data analysis
- Good planning and negotiation skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- Have an engaging and positive attitude to working as part of a team
About the position:
- Location: Sharnbrook near Bedford,
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Normal hours of work 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch
- The company operates a pension scheme and subsidised gym membership
Sound interesting? Send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration.